Sign up to our Newsletter
Nearshore Geotechnical Manager
Monday, September 24th, 2018
A varied role working in the Nearshore Department. In this position you will be responsible for managing Nearshore Geotechnical projects overseeing field crews, equipment and operations onboard our Jack-Up Barge.
The role will be predominantly based in our Iden Office with a periodic requirement for time on site, vessel visits and external meetings.
Our successful candidate will be versatile and proactive, able to manage priorities, use initiative and multi-task, solve problems and support colleagues. You will have extensive experience of marine, jack up, drilling and/or CPT operations and geotechnical site investigation. You will have excellent IT, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. You will have experience of managing a remote team. A practical and technical aptitude would be preferable.
Contract type: Permanent
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Cold Harbour Barn, Cold Harbour Lane, Iden, East Sussex, TN31 7UT
Main duties (key tasks/responsibilities):
- Ensure commercial and operational success of geotechnical Nearshore projects, by actively managing from tender stage to invoicing.
- Proactive problem solving and effective reaction to project challenges.
- Works with client to define project scope, schedule and budget.
- Selection and deployment of suitable plant and equipment to service projects.
- Preparation of marine and drilling methodology to feed into tenders and project documentation.
- Application of practical knowledge and experience on site appropriate to projects to deliver solutions.
- Prepare, and oversee, tenders, in line with company procedures and pro-actively turn tenders into projects.
- Oversee/Manage Nearshore Geotechnical reporting and ensure turn-around time for issuing of reports to clients is in line with company target.
- Provide technical support to Jack up and Drilling Operations, Geotechnical Engineers and Drillers, Tender Department and others as required.
Health & Safety
- Understanding of UK health & safety legislation, company procedures and the ability to maintain and enforce professional working standards.
- To continue and further develop Nearshore HSE systems and written procedures.
- Ensure good lines of communication are in place throughout the Nearshore Department.
- Day to day communication with and technical support for personnel on site.
- Liaison with clients.
- Line Management of all field crew including deployment and development of personnel.
- Act as professional supervision on site for Geotechnical specialist testing and Drilling Operations.
- Ensure the quality of service and product to the client. Ensure Operations meet the required standard.
Essential skills & knowledge to carry out the role:
- Background in Marine Geotechnical Engineering, ideally 10 years’ experience
- Excellent knowledge of requirements for working in Geotechnical site investigation
- Good knowledge of survey positioning
- Knowledge of the UK and European Market
- Strong customer focus
- Practical and technical knowledge of marine, jack up and drilling operations
- Experience of managing teams of people
- Proficient IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Valid Passport
- Full UK Driving Licence
Please send CV to HR@Lankelma.co.uk and feel free to give me a call if you have any questions 07740082401 Eric Zon